Wrap around Provision
St Joseph’s Catholic Primary offers both a before and afterschool care provision.
If you wish for your child to attend either club, please ensure a booking form is completed and handed into the school office by Wednesday, in order for your child to have a place for the following week.
Changes to wraparound provision during Covid-19 outbreak
Forms for applying to Breakfast and After School club are distributed via email, applications should be returned to email@example.com and you will need to await confirmation of your child’s place.
Places are assigned on a strictly first come, first served basis; if you have difficulty returning the forms, you can contact the office via the above email or telephone to request a place.
All payments can be made weekly or half termly, and all payments must be made online via the usual method. A link to the payment site can be sent to parents via text on request.
We intend to operate Breakfast Club as this is usual practice for us. Breakfast Club is charged at £2.50 per session. Club places will be issued on a half-termly basis. Due to the logistics and layout that we have to adhere to, there is a set amount of places per year group and we will not exceed these. Please do not ring up and ask for a place on the day – we cannot and will not allocate one!
In line with Government Guidance, we have strict procedures to follow to enable us to operate safely:
- Children will need to arrive between 8:00 am and 8:10; any child arriving after 8:10 will not be admitted to the club
- Children will enter the breakfast club through the school hall doors, via the KS2 playground, through the sliding gate at the back of the car park. Foundation children are exempt from this, as they will need to enter through the Foundation door between 8 and 8:10 am and there are limited places
- On entry, children will be seated and their coat will be placed on their chair or under the table and their bag will also be placed
- Hands will be washed
- The children will have a clearly named space and this will be their allocated seat – it will be cleaned after use
- The children will have their breakfast brought to them and they will not move around at this time.
- Children will play out on a rota system in their phases or will complete an individual activity
- Children will go to their year group bubble at the end of breakfast club.
St Joseph’s breakfast club aims to:
- provide a welcoming, safe, secure environment for pupils before the beginning of the school day.
- enable pupils to eat breakfast before the start of the school day in a pleasant, relaxed environment.
- provide a calm, play environment for our pupils.
Food and Activities
Children will be offered a range of cereals, bagels, crumpets, teacakes, toast and fresh juice or water for breakfast. Following breakfast a number of activities will be on offer for the children to participate in.
Our breakfast starts at: 8am and children are taken to their classes at 8:55am. Breakfast is served until 8:30am.
The Breakfast Club daily fee is £2.50.
We are proud to be a National School Breakfast Programme school.
We are happy to offer a healthy breakfast to all our children and we would welcome your child to join us for a great start to the day.