After School Clubs
St Joseph’s Catholic Primary offers both a before and afterschool care provision.
If you wish for your child to attend either club, please ensure a booking form is completed and handed into the school office by Wednesday, in order for your child to have a place for the following week.
Changes to wraparound provision during Covid-19 outbreak
Forms for applying to Breakfast and After School club are distributed via email, applications should be returned to email@example.com and you will need to await confirmation of your child’s place.
Places are assigned on a strictly first come, first served basis; if you have difficulty returning the forms, you can contact the office via the above email or telephone to request a place.
All payments can be made weekly or half termly, and all payments must be made online via the usual method. A link to the payment site can be sent to parents via text on request.
After School Club
We intend to operate After School Club as this is usual practice for us. However, we will not be able to offer After School Club to Foundation Stage children in the first instance.
After School Club is priced at £6.50 per session. We have limited spaces and places have been set within year groups and will be allocated on a first come first served basis. Places will be issued on a half-termly basis. Due to the logistics and layout that we have had to adhere to there is a set amount of places per year group and we will not exceed these. Please do not ring up and ask for a place on the day – we cannot and will not allocate one!
In line with Government Guidance we have strict procedures to follow to enable us to operate safely:
- Children will wait in their bubbles until all the children have been dismissed and then escorted to the After School Club
- Children will enter the After School Club via the school internal hall doors and will sit in phased bubbles that are separated by 2 metre lines – the children will not mix between bubbles and will remain seated for the vast majority of the time
- On entry children will be seated and their coat will be placed on their chair or under the table and their bag will also be placed there
- Hands will be washed
- The children will have a clearly named space and this will be their allocated seat – it will be cleaned after use
- The children will have their snack brought to them and they will not move around at this time
- Children will play out on a rota system in their phases or will complete individual activity at their place
Children will be dismissed in the usual way, please ensure that you socially distance when you pick up your child and do not enter the building
Places at the After School Club must be pre-booked and pre-paid.
Our afterschool club starts at 3:25pm (KS!) / 3:30pm (KS2) and finishes at 5:45pm.
Afterschool Club daily fee is £6.50.
We offer a wide range of foods, in which Food will be served from 3.45 pm – 4.15 pm. A choice of food will be available, typically on a four week rota. Food is a light snack, which is not intended to replace the child’s evening meal. Menus are be displayed on the parental notice board.
(N.B. These menus are only meant as guidance and are subject to change without advanced notification).
We offer a range of activities for the children to engage in once they have finished eating. The activities are typically planned around a theme, which the children create.
Outdoor play is part of the daily structure (weather permitting) therefore appropriate clothing is required eg coat during winter months.