Welcome to Year Six
Welcome to the Year 6 Class page. All the information you will need is available on here including, PE days and Homework expectations. I am sure over the next term the children will continue to work exceptionally hard as they prepare for high school.
Reading Books will be checked every day and children need to have a signature from an adult once a week to show that they have read at home.
PE Days: PE will take place on a Wednesday and Thursday.
Pupils must come to school wearing school PE kit.
Please remember that PE kit during these guidelines is as follows:
- Blue shorts
- White t-shirt
- Plain navy tracksuit
- Navy blue jogging bottoms/leggings
- Plain navy blue sweatshirt/jacket
- PE Kits should have no logos on.
Homework will be set on a Friday and must be returned to school by the following Friday on google classrooms.
In Year 6 children are expected to:
- Read 5 times a week to a parent.
- Read 5 books on Reading plus
- Practise their arithmetic and times tables 5 times a week. Remember pupils have access to Timestable Rockstars to support them in their learning.
Spellings will be tested weekly on a Friday.
The children will have spellings to learn throughout the week as part of their homework
Communication is extremely important. If you need to discuss your child with me, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone to Mrs Beswick or Mrs Knowles in the school office on 01977 555 780 to arrange a telephone appointment.