Welcome to Year Six
Welcome to the Year 6 Class page. All the information you will need is available on here including, PE days and Homework expectations. I am sure over the next term the children will continue to work exceptionally hard as they prepare for high school.
Reading Books will be sent home on a Monday and should be returned to school on a Thursday.
PE Days: PE will take place on a Tuesday, Thursday and a Friday.
Pupils must come to school wearing school PE kit.
Please remember that PE kit during these guidelines is as follows:
- Blue shorts
- White t-shirt
- Plain navy tracksuit
- Navy blue jogging bottoms/leggings
- Plain navy blue sweatshirt/jacket
- PE Kits should have no logos on.
Homework will be set on a Monday and must be returned to school by a Friday.
In Year 6 children are expected to:
- Read 5 times a week to a parent.
- Practise their arithmetic and times tables 5 times a week. Remember pupils have access to Timestable Rockstars and Mathletics to support them in their learning.
Spellings will be tested weekly on a Friday.
Trips and Enhancements
This term the children will participate in the following trips.
Ledston on Monday 5th July
More information will be provided in due course as the details are subject to change.
Communication is extremely important. If you need to discuss your child with me, please email email@example.com or phone to Mr Sice or Mrs Sedgwick in the school office on 01977 555 780 to arrange a telephone appointment.