Welcome to Year One
Welcome to Summer Term in Year 1. Here is where you will find out what’s going on in class and updates.
Reading Books will be sent home on a Thursday and should be returned to school on a Monday.
PE Days: PE will take place on a Monday and Wednesday.
Pupils must come to school wearing school PE kit.
Please remember that PE kit during these guidelines is as follows:
- Blue shorts
- White t-shirt
- Plain navy tracksuit
- Navy blue jogging bottoms/leggings
- Plain navy blue sweatshirt/jacket
- PE Kits should have no logos on.
Homework will be set on a Monday and must be returned to school /submitted on Google Classroom the following Monday.
In Year 1 children are expected to:
- Read 3 times a week to a parent.
- Practise their arithmetic/number bonds/times tables 2 times a week. Remember pupils have access to Timestable Rockstars and Mathletics to support them in their learning.
Spellings will be tested weekly on a Monday.
Trips and Enhancement
This term the children will participate in the following trips.
Monday 12th July Ledston trip
More information will be provided in due course and are continually subject to change.
Communication is extremely important. If you need to discuss your child with me, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone to Mr Sice or Mrs Sedgwick in the school office on 01977 555 780 to arrange a telephone appointment.