Welcome to Year Five
Welcome to the Year 5 class page. As ever, we have a busy term planned. We will be reading great novels: Street Child and looking at local literature, which will provide a focus for much of our English work.
We really appreciate your ongoing support and if you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us.
The Year 5 team
Pupils must come to school wearing school PE kit.
Please remember that PE kit during these guidelines is as follows:
- Blue shorts
- White t-shirt
- Plain navy tracksuit
- Navy blue jogging bottoms/leggings
- Plain navy blue sweatshirt/jacket
- PE Kits should have no logos on.
Homework: Homework will be set on a Monday on Google Classroom and should be completed by the following Monday.
In Year 5 children are expected to:
- Read 3 times a week to a parent and complete their online Reading Plus challenges.
- Practise their arithmetic/number bonds/times tables 3 times a week. Remember pupils have access to Timestable Rockstars to support them in their learning.
- Practise their spellings on Ed Shed 3 times a week. Spellings will be tested weekly on a Thursday, using Ed Shed.
Spellings will be tested weekly on a Friday.
Trips and Enhancements
More information will be provided in due course as the details are subject to change.
Communication is extremely important. If you need to discuss your child with me, please email email@example.com or phone to Mr Sice or Mrs Sedgwick in the school office on 01977 555 780 to arrange a telephone appointment.