As a Catholic School within the Diocese of Leeds, we ensure that our fundraising supports the priorities of the Bishop, which is why we principally support CAFOD and Catholic Care:
- CAFOD is the official aid agency of the Catholic Church in England and Wales. Across the world they bring hope and compassion to poor communities, standing side by side with them to end poverty and injustice. CAFOD works with people of all faiths and none. For Further details, please visit their website: http://cafod.org.uk/
- Catholic Care supports vulnerable children and families across our Diocese, including our school. Many of our children and their families have benefited from the support provided by Catholic Care. For the work they do within our school, click here. For Further details, please visit their website: www.catholic-care.org.uk
Each Year the children of the Bishop Konstant Catholic Academy Trust (BKCAT) present and vote for a charity for all schools within the trust to support during the academic year.
Previously, we have supported the African Children’s Choir. Last Year, we supported the Yorkshire Air Ambulance, raising as a trust a massive £15,917.12.
This year, our school was fortunate enough to win the Charity Presentation event, which means our chosen charity will be supported across the trust during the 2016-17 academic year. Our school selected the Cystic Fibrosis Trust. Our children chose to present and support this charity as one of the children within our school suffers with Cystic Fibrosis and the children wanted to do something to support this pupils own fundraising efforts and to support her and her family. Further information will be posted here during the year. For Further details on the Cystic Fibrosis Trust, please visit their website: https://www.cysticfibrosis.org.uk/
Cystic Fibrosis is a life – limiting inherited condition for which there is currently no cure, fortunately many treatments are available to manage it. This year’s bid is close to our hearts in Castleford, as a current pupil carries the condition. The proposal came from the love of her sister, who wanted to give something back in belief that the day will come, when people with CF can live a life unlimited by their condition. St Joseph’s Castleford feel that this is their opportunity, along with all Academy Trust schools, to help make this happen!
Over the forthcoming months we will be holding a range of fundraising events:
- CF Family cycle – Come as a family to the cycle track at St Thomas a Beckett, Saturday 24th June, donation of £5.
- Wear yellow / dress as someone who cares for CF carriers (e.g doctors, nurses, parents, sisters, brothers. Teachers etc.) Friday 28th April, donation of £1.
- Bun Sale – Wednesday 26th April
- Toast at breaktime – pupils will be able to buy toast at breaktime during May, 10p per slice.
- Y4&5 Sponsored Fun Run – pupils will run and participate in a range of sporting activities at St Wilfrid’s, Wednesday 24th May
- Big Bounce – whole school sponsored bouncathon, Monday 22nd May
As a Catholic family, we can all make a huge difference to a charity, who work for life to be unlimited, for those with Cystic Fibrosis.
To donate yourself, not only is there a collection tin in the school entrance, you can also visit our BKCAT just giving page for Cystic Fibrosis: www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Bkcatcharity2017CF
Thank you for your support.
Staff walk up one of Yorkshire 3 peaks: Pen-y-ghent
We were blessed with perfect weather conditions and just so happened that we were completing the walk on the same day as the 3 peak race. We completed the walk in 3 hours and 28 mins and enjoyed a spot of lunch at the top of Pen-Y-Ghent peak. Along our walk we were greeted by many generous fellow walkers who in total donated £120 for our trust charity. We thank them for their generosity.